The firm successfully obtained affirmance of the lower court’s dismissal of Zurich’s counterclaims seeking payment from Hahn for time-barred debts totaling nearly $2 million. The Court of Appeals agreed with Hahn’s position that Zurich’s breach of contract claims accrued when it had the right and ability to invoice Hahn, and not at the time of Zurich’s demand for payment.
- Alpha Capital Anstalt and Ellis International Ltd. v. Schwell Wimpfheimer & Associates LLP, Dov Schwell, Michael Hughes, William Schmitz, Adeeb Saba, and Mark Matthews (S.D.N.Y., Woods, J., March 30, 2018; March 30, 2019).
- Mark Canady v. University of Rochester, 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East (2d Cir., May 30, 2018)
- Molly Kearns v. The Metal Roof Outlet, Ryan Morse, President (February 2018)
- City of Rochester v. Geo Mar Holdings, Inc. (Rochester City Ct., January 2018)
- Sharon Edwards v. Rochester Institute of Technology and Dr. Donald Boyd. (W.D.N.Y., Geraci, J., June 18, 2018)