In this dispute between two law firms, the firm successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of the plaintiff with the Court holding that the non-solicitation agreement entered into by the parties was unenforceable under New York law as it was against public policy. The Court also dismissed aiding and abetting breach of fiduciary duty claims and tortious interference with contract relations claims.
- Alpha Capital Anstalt and Ellis International Ltd. v. Schwell Wimpfheimer & Associates LLP, Dov Schwell, Michael Hughes, William Schmitz, Adeeb Saba, and Mark Matthews (S.D.N.Y., Woods, J., March 30, 2018; March 30, 2019).
- Mark Canady v. University of Rochester, 1199SEIU United Healthcare Workers East (2d Cir., May 30, 2018)
- Molly Kearns v. The Metal Roof Outlet, Ryan Morse, President (February 2018)
- City of Rochester v. Geo Mar Holdings, Inc. (Rochester City Ct., January 2018)
- Sharon Edwards v. Rochester Institute of Technology and Dr. Donald Boyd. (W.D.N.Y., Geraci, J., June 18, 2018)